Subversion - Source Code Version Control
Source Code Version Control systems maintain revision history as files change over time. It also allows multiple users to work on the same text file simultaneously, merging changes automatically. Files are stored in a repository and grouped by modules. AITS used Subversion to manage this service. Subversion stores information about and allows reversion to any previous state of any file in the repository.
Features of Subversion
- Organized in a typical directory tree structure.
- Allows multiple users to work on the same file simultaneously, merging changes automatically.
- Maintains a record of who changed what and when.
- Stores information about and allows reversion to any previous state of any checked-in file.
- Supports development efforts by maintaining consistent deployment environments (Development, Test, Production, and other specialized environments) which can be changed systematically during development/test/production deployment cycles.
Benefits of AITS Shared Service
- Free of charge on our Enterprise Subversion system.
- Seamless synchronization between environments and clustered nodes.
- Effective fault tolerance and disaster recovery for all artifacts stored in Subversion repository.
- Module/directory based security with Enterprise ID authentication.
For further information or to request this service, please contact the AITS Service Desk at:
email@example.com 217-333-3102 (Urbana) 312-996-4806 (Chicago)